It's 7 am... I wish I could say that I woke up early but that's not the case.
You know what they say, you are most creative when you are lying in bed trying to sleep.
This blog will be a recount of something that happened during my senior year of college.
I had this math professor that I didn't really get along with. Maybe it was because I put very little effort in his classes while still acing every exam and solving problems that no one in the class could. Maybe it was because I was often tardy or catching up on sleep (8 am classes should be banned). Unlike Dave who sucked up every chance he got by asking questions he already knew the answer to, I was content with just getting by with an A or B.
Since I transferred to this college from another college, I had to take a lot of general ed. One of these courses happened to be Earth Science and I'll let you take a guess at who the professor was. Anyways, this class was a joke and I was acing it just like all his other classes. It was pretty late in the semester, and I had accumulated enough points to fail the final and still manage with an A or B. I don't really know why but one day I decided to try something. I decided to cheat. Obviously I didn't need the points. I just felt like doing it.
The class often watched videos. Following the videos there would be a short quiz worth 10 points (an insignificant value in terms of your grade). I decided to fill one out for a classmate who was missing that day. In hindsight, I should have put more effort into changing the handwriting. About a month later, the professor announced in class that he had discovered that someone had filled out a video quiz for another student and that he/she should confess.
Seeing as I was caught, I went to his office after class only to find a line of students confessing to cheating. I ASS-umed that he didn't catch me so I left. Oh was I wrong.
Later on, he called me into his office to tell me that he was going to fail me. In the end he was "merciful" and gave me a C.
This is what a portion of my transcript looks like this:
Differential Equations: A
Advanced Applied Math: B
Discrete Mathematics: A-
Earth Science: C
Ironically, I don't care about the C. I'm curious as to how he could have noticed my cheating from all the other cheaters in the class. It's not like I handed in both of the papers at the same time. How could he key in on me while being oblivious to Josh who was bartering homework from person to person, stealing files off of computers, and was/is a complete idiot...
It must be my high cheek bones, big eyes, and nice hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment