Haven't posted on here in a while.
Maybe I'll start back up again.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Cheater Plugs


About two months ago, my great friend Aaron got married to the wonderful Kim (I should probably ask him for permission to put this picture on my blog).
I had the privilege of being one of the groomsmen. Now you might be wondering what my friend's wedding has to do with the title of this post. I actually made an agreement with the bride that I would hold off on getting my ears pierced till after the wedding, in return I would get to be a groomsman (haha). Well I ended up getting my ears pierced yesterday. I like plugs but I don't like how they leave gaping holes in your ears, so I went with the cheater plugs. They look like plugs but only need a 16g piercing.

Back to the wedding. The second most powerful part of the wedding (the first being the union of the bride and groom) was a portion of the speech the best man gave. It told of a rough time in the relationship, where the best man told the groom that "there are plenty of fish in the sea". The groom stared incredulously at the best man and said, "I don't want just another fish, I want Kim." Pause a moment and reread that quote. Now read it again.

That short line of words really affected me. That simple statement expressed a love that I hope to one day have. It showed me a glimpse of a part of life I didn't know about. "I don't want just another fish." Leave fish to the players and douchebags. Find someone you would give the world to.

Here's to Kim and Aaron.
To hell with the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment